PERSONAL DATA & INFORMATION NOTICE
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
This Personal Data and Information Notice is issued to all our valued customers/ prospective customers, pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
We treat and view your personal data seriously. In the course of your dealings with Sarawak Information Systems Sendirian Berhad and all its subsidiary companies, as defined in the Companies Act 2016 (hereinafter collectively referred to as “us”, “we” or “our” and/or “SAINS”, as the case may be), we will request that you provide data and information about yourself ("Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into business transactions with you or to deliver the necessary notices, services and/or products in connection with our business. These are relevant in connection with our business process, execution, including delivery of notices, services and/or products, client relationship management, planning purposes in connection with future products, new product launches and events including promotional events with our affiliated companies and business partners within our product offerings.
2. NATURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Such Personal Data may be subject to applicable data protection, privacy and other similar laws and may include information concerning name, age, identity card number, passport number, address, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation, financial information, contact information, email address, employer, race, ethnic, origin and nationality.
3. OBLIGATION TO OR VOLUNTARILY SUPPLY OF PERSONAL DATA
Such Personal Data provided may be voluntarily provided by you; however, in order to fulfill certain conditions to use our services and/or products, it may be necessary that Personal Data information be provided before any service and/or sales process can be completed.
4. IMPACT RESULTING FROM FAILURE TO SUPPLY PERSONAL DATA
The failure to supply such Personal Data will:-
- Result in us being unable to process your application for the services and/or products requested;
- Result in us being unable to provide you with the notices, services and/or products requested;
- Affect your ability to enter into any necessary agreement in relation to the purchase of our products and/or use of our services; and
- Result in us being unable to update you on our latest products, services, promotions, events and/or launches.
5. PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
- The Personal Data that you provide will be collected, used and otherwise processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes:
- To deliver our services or products to you
- To deliver notices and /or materials such as articles or write-ups on our services or products or information or details on our events, seminars, or conferences
- To enable you to use services and/or purchase products from us
- To facilitate customer relationship management
- To use for purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by us
- To conduct marketing and client profiling activities in connection with our services and/or products
- To perform credit assessments and other background checks on customers as we may determine to be necessary or appropriate
- To update our internal records
- To collect outstanding payments
- To provide customer care services
- To meet any legal or regulatory requirements to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any of our member companies
- To fulfill purposes relating to any of the above (including but not limited to research, bench-marking, statistical analysis and customer satisfaction survey)
Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorize us to provide or disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties:
- Any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent or government agency;
- Any of our related companies and subsidiaries including those established in the future;
- Our business partners that provide related services or products of SAINS;
- Government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Our auditors, consultants, lawyers, professional advisors, external auditors and financial institutions;
- Our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may be determined to be necessary or appropriate.
We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We endeavor, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to your Personal Data.
8. PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER AND SHARING
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your Personal Data to another member of our company or third party service or product providers within or outside the country in which we are established, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
9. PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
Personal Data provided by you is retained as long as the purpose for which the data was collected continues; data is then destroyed unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect the interests of SAINS.
10. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, for example, by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave our website. We do not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left our website.
11. YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may request access to your Personal Data and/or correct your Personal Data which is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not current. Any such requests in relation to your Personal Data may be directed to our Legal Officer at + (60)82-266 266 ext 2001 or at email@example.com.
In the event that you do not approve our use of your Personal Data for any other purpose apart from the purpose for which your information was provided to us, you may inform us of this by writing to:
We shall take all reasonable efforts to comply with your request. If we do not receive any written notice from you within thirty (30) days of our mailing notice, we shall presume that you have approved of our use of your Personal Data in accordance with this notice. However, please rest assured that you will be able to terminate this approval at any time.
12. CHANGES TO THE NOTICE
We may change this Personal Data and Information Notice from time to time. Kindly check the Personal Data and Information Notice from time to time to update yourself as to the most recent version which applies to all our website users.